Windows 7 Activation Errors and some sollutions
Deleting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA is much more simpler than doing all this. After depleting your rearm count, boot from your installation DVD and do the following steps
- Press SHIFT + F10 to launch CMD as Administrator.
- Type regedit to launch Registry Ediditor.
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and Go to File -> Load Hive, select Computer->%windir%/system32/config/SYSTEM
- Type MY_SYSTEM as name for the hive.
- Select MY_SYSTEM under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Delete WPA key under MY_SYSTEM.
- Select MY_SYSTEM, goto File -> Unload Hive (save to disk).
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Exit CMD Prompt.
- Quit the Installation to reboot to your system.
- Open CMD as Administrator.
- Type slmgr -ipk <default key>
- Type slmgr -dlv
Would you try the below steps? It will force Windows 7 to recreate (and repopulate) it's Licensing Store which I believe will correct the Invalid Data error you are receiveing.
1) Click Start button.
2) Type: CMD.exe into the 'Search programs and files' field
3) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
4) Type: net stop sppsvc (It may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
Note: the Software Protection servive may not be running, this is ok.
5) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
6) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
7) Type: cd %windir%\system32
8) Type: net start sppsvc
9) Type: slui.exe
10) After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key or Activation may occur automatically.